The new year is an opportunity to reflect and look forward to what lies ahead. At the Community Foundation of Greater Peterborough, we recognize that 2012’s success was a result of the hard work, commitment, energy and support of our friends, donors and volunteers. So we launch our new year, with a round of applause and a standing ovation—for you. In 2012, you demonstrated that doing good can change a community. Thank you.
Your support enabled the Community Foundation in 2012 to…
- Award grants of nearly $135,000 to local organizations including the inaugural grant from our Cavan Monaghan and Millbrook Legacy Fund
- Launch CFGP into the twittersphere where we were welcomed with open wings (don’t forget to tweet us@cfgp_)
- Start an important conversation with Peterborough’s first Funders Forum
- Mix, mingle and raise over $55,000 with the sold out 200+ crowd at the inauguralMayor Bennett Giving Gala
- Present a memorable Philanthropy Month (see below) that included a hopping Creative Cocktail, the third Philanthropy Forum(featuring a special message from Rick Mercer) and the Collective Impact Workshop that sparked oodles of ideas and innovation!
At the Community Foundation, we are dedicated to improving the lives of people in Peterborough through local giving, grantmaking and community development initiatives.As the new year begins, we take this opportunity to remind our friends and neighbours thata strong community begins with you. The opportunities are waiting. Whether your dreams involve helping one person or dozens, our job is to help realize those dreams. We’re ready to help you craft a strategy to make a difference in the world in the ways that matter most to you. We offer a variety of giving vehicles to help make your philanthropy more powerful.With every choice, we focus on the administration of your giving so you can focus on the impact.
May 2013 be a year of reflection, collaboration, and discovery. May you find new ways to get involved, become inspired and continue to make a difference in our community.
We look forward to continuing our work together throughout 2013.
Andrea Dicks, Executive Director & Janice Green, Chair of Board of Directors