June has been a busy month here at CFGP, and we need to catch you up on a few things!
Our annual Community Celebration took place June 3rd at the fabulous Silver Bean Cafe. One of the many highlights of the evening was the announcement of the 2013 Organizational Leadership and Innovation Grants. This program was made possible through the generous support of several funds held within CFGP including the Directors’ Fund, the Community Builders’ Fund, the Hallpike Fund, the Mayor Bennett Fund, the Kamerin Fund and the Housing Fund. The following organizations and projects received funding:
- Elizabeth Fry Society: Funding to implement an eight-week financial literacy program for women living in our community.
- GreenUP: Funding to build the capacity of staff to deliver cutting edge programming to connect to new audiences and build Ecology Park’s involvement with a wider Peterborough population.
- Heads Up for Inclusion: Funding to act as convener of stakeholders to promote a collaborative approach with organizations working towards building an inclusive community.
- Hospice Peterborough: Funding to support the pilot program “Teen Online Grief Group” that offers teens, and those connected to them, with a virtual environment to access bereavement services.
- Jamaican Self Help: Funding to explore collaborative opportunities with Kawartha World Issues Centre.
- Kawartha Haliburton Children’s Foundation: Funding to conduct self-esteem workshops for girls aged 9-12 to address the stigma of being a foster child, physical activity, balanced eating and positive self-image.
- Kawartha Heritage Conservancy: Funding for professional coaching and training in fundraising best practices for staff and volunteers.
- Learning Disabilities Association: Funding to execute a pilot program that will develop workshops to support learning for children using new technology such as tablets and mobile apps.
- Market Hall: Funding to create and implement a rental strategy to enhance the Market Hall’s position in Peterborough’s cultural life.
- New Canadians Centre: Funding to enhance the NCC’s community interpreter training program.
- Telecare: Funding to design and develop an interactive website and a social media strategy.
Stay tuned for more highlights from the Community Celebration coming soon!