The holiday season is an opportunity to reflect and look forward to what lies ahead. At the Community Foundation of Greater Peterborough, we recognize that 2013’s success has been a result of the commitment, energy and support of our friends, donors and volunteers. So we wrap up 2013, with a round of applause and oodles of appreciation—for you.
In 2013, your support enabled our Community Foundation to…
- Release Greater Peterborough’s first Vital Signs
- Establish funds that will forever impact our community such as the Gwen and Bill Brown Fund for the Arts
- Engage more than 26 partners in 7 Days of Green – check out the ‘Green Dating’ videos – your face will hurt from laughing!
- Mix, mingle and raise over $70,000 with the sold out 200+ crowd at the second annual Mayor Bennett Giving Gala
- Present a most fabulous Philanthropy Month (our best yet in our opinion!) that included Peterborough’s first Timeraiser. Through the Timeraiser we invested over $8000 in the careers’ of emerging artists and raised more than 1900 hours for our community!
At the Community Foundation, we are dedicated to improving the lives of people in Peterborough through local giving, grantmaking and community leadership initiatives. As the year comes to a close, we take this opportunity to remind our friends and neighbours that a strong community begins with you. The opportunities are waiting. Whether your dreams involve helping one person or dozens, our job is to help realize those dreams. We’re ready to help you craft a strategy to make a difference in the world in the ways that matter most to you. We offer a variety of giving vehicles to help make your philanthropy more powerful. With every choice, we focus on the administration of your giving so you can focus on the impact.
It is our hope that you will put Peterborough first by adding to your holiday list a year-end contribution to the Community Foundation. Your gift to the Foundation will support us in meeting the needs of our community. If you wish to make a donation to the Community Foundation and any of our funds and receive a 2013 tax receipt, you may do so by visiting our website (www.cfgp.ca) to make a secure online donation or by cash or cheque directly to our office.
May 2014 be a year of reflection, collaboration, and discovery. May you find new ways to get involved, become inspired and continue to make a difference in our community.
We look forward to continuing our work together throughout 2014!